MMU Anime Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MMU Anime Society

Manchester Metropolitan University's Anime, Manga and J-Pop Society

!!!ATTENTION!!! This board is now old and has been offically put out to stud.For current discussion, go to www.baka.omgforum.netThanks

4 posters

New meeting activities

Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

New meeting activities Empty New meeting activities

Post by Laughing Man Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:36 am

Now then, with regards to the alternative activities, I will be setting up the Wii about an hour before the meeting is due to start (You're welcome to come even sooner, but be prepared to find the room empty or full of other people doing things)

Also, there will be a nice collection of the original Manga Library, we have yet to arrange a proper lending system, and will be toying with a minimal charge, depending on how the budget meeting goes. If we charge even a tiny amount, we can angle for more money from the Student Union, and be able to acquire more stuff Very Happy
    Still though, it's early days,I would rather not charge for it, but if it's small and worth while, we'll put it to vote or something.

More word when it comes.
    datalol-jack
    datalol-jack

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

New meeting activities Empty Re: New meeting activities

Post by datalol-jack Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:10 am

Note also that we will be sacrificing one anime episode slot for a proper gaming break between the ongoing top 3 favourites and the new introductions. We will have a small tournament going for games like Wii Bowling, Mario Kart, DDR Rip Offs, and the like, with prizes. So do try to participate. Very Happy
    Sombre
    Sombre

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2008-11-16

Post by Sombre Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Speed grapher cosplay competition?
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by Laughing Man Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:54 am

Don't even JOKE about that...
    datalol-jack
    datalol-jack

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by datalol-jack Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Have you seen my super power? No? Then maybe this suitcase full of cash will satisfy your violent urges. Very Happy What's this you say, no again? Very well, I can burn the cash instead, grow a pair of bloody wings and descend upon your carcass like an angel of death, and with that I will violate your very last shred of dignity with my own blood cells, hard as steel, until you excrete disposable digicams!!! Is that what you really want, mister snap shooter, hmm? Oh, how very negative we are today, sir. But this time I will take your 'no', tear and snot covered as it is. Good day.

~Suitengu, Master of Fetishes
    *melancholy/mystery theme plays as he leaves*

In case you had no fears before today, may I present a visual hint as to why Speed Grapher cosplay should be banned:-

New meeting activities D292e0f9f4
    Samvich
    Samvich

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Samvich Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:22 am

And before that picture my mind was about to think what an interesting idea it sounded. Now I also want to throw it away right after standing furiously on it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:39 pm