MMU Anime Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MMU Anime Society

Manchester Metropolitan University's Anime, Manga and J-Pop Society

!!!ATTENTION!!! This board is now old and has been offically put out to stud.For current discussion, go to www.baka.omgforum.netThanks

3 posters

Outside Showtime Socials

Samvich
    Samvich

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Outside Showtime Socials Empty Outside Showtime Socials

Post by Samvich Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:04 am

I think that the meet in Umami turned out to be a really successful day.

We all got to know a little bit about each other and actually sat down and talked. Just what our quiet sit-in-a-dark-room society needs. The food was great; prices not too bad. Overall a great idea whoever came up with it.

Can't help wondering where we could go next time.
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Outside Showtime Socials Empty Re: Outside Showtime Socials

Post by Laughing Man Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:14 am

The idea came from Alex, our fearless leader, as far as I am aware, there are plenty of other places we can go eat, there is a nice place in Fallowfield we went last year, that went nicely.
    However You are correct sir, we do need more social event, which is the motivation behind this forum. Something we did last year worked nicely too, it was officially the manga drawing night, but basically we just got around some tables eating sweets, talking and hardly anyone drew anything. We can also have a quiz (That I will write instead of Alex the fearless leader)
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:25 am

Fantastic! If everyone just sits around eating sweets and doesn't get any drawing done I don't have to prove that I can't draw manga to save my life.

I like quizzes too. And if they are based on 'watch this film then answer questions' they will force me to pay attention, which is never a bad thing.

As for places to eat, I know of many chinese buffet establishments and then there's Wagamama in the Printworks which is essentially just a big version of Umami.
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by Laughing Man Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:31 am

Well I like to think I can draw, well, sketch, but yeah, besides Emma, people tended to just copy/trace existing pictures, the bight light talky environment was good though.

We'll look into various places to eat, with some organisation we can book the tables and get lots of people in on it, perhaps securing a good discount too!

The Quizzes is good, we had one with GitS SAC SSS (Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society) however Alex's questions were a bit, mad. Fun though ^_^
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:57 am

Thought I'd help out here. Just got an email through about the social on Friday.

We're meeting in the Student Union bar at 8:00p.m and from there will be going to several pubs - Lass o'Gowrie and Jabez Clegg and such-like. A great opportunity to have a nice chat, or to have a few drinks and get merry!

Hope to see everyone there!
    datalol-jack
    datalol-jack

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by datalol-jack Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:19 am

Yeah, our vice-chair, always lovingly known as The Vice (which just happens to be the name of my body spray, too), has gone a bit quiet, so I thought I would get the alert out via Steve, to avoid a last moment notice. List of pubs is not dead set, either. Depending on who turns up, we can decide there and then on what to do later. Original idea was to spend an hour, an hour and a half at each location, then move on.
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:51 pm

Anyone had any ideas as to what the next social will be yet? I know Steve likes Fuzion. Just to give me an indicator since I'm not going to be around for another 3 weeks Sad At least up to about half 9 in the Thursday evenings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:49 am