MMU Anime Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MMU Anime Society

Manchester Metropolitan University's Anime, Manga and J-Pop Society

!!!ATTENTION!!! This board is now old and has been offically put out to stud.For current discussion, go to www.baka.omgforum.netThanks

4 posters

Meet the Samvich

Samvich
    Samvich

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Meet the Samvich Empty Meet the Samvich

Post by Samvich Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:30 am

I am the Samvich - anyone who lives on their computer for gaming will realise this is taken from TF2. But that is beside the point.

I attend the thursday showings and am a huge fan of Black Lagoon ^.^ and several other titles that I may list if interest proves my time worthy.

I like many things music- and food-wise and I'm really rather a nice person to get along with. So don't be shy Very Happy

I feel my time here is done. Sayonara.

Oh and to make it plain to any slow people; my name is Sam.
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Meet the Samvich Empty Re: Meet the Samvich

Post by Laughing Man Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:36 am

Welcome to the Forum Sam, I don't live on my computer for gaming, but I do like Team Fortress 2 ^_^

Glad you like Black Lagoon, it's the most popular Anime we have at the moment, well, besides the mainstream stuff like Naruto, SHINIGAMI DEATH! *glomps* and Dragon Ball Z

Guess we'll see you on Thursday!
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:38 am

Not seen Naruto, or Shinigami Death, but I have seen a fair bit of DBZ - I shouted at the TV when I saw that they'd made GT. It was terrible.

[Edit] I'm pleased you like TF2 Very Happy
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Post by Laughing Man Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:44 am

What's not to like? ^_^

I am surprised you haven't had your mind defiled by the likes of arrogant Ninja's and angsty emo reapers yet. Dragon ball was possibly the best Anime I have seen, Z was all right at first, but sorta lost the plot after the Namek saga, The Cell games were a bit crazy, and at the uber power levels of Boo, it just got silly. I have avoided GT as much as humanly possible.
    I have the Manga collections for Nearly all Akira Toriyama's work, if you want to read some, it's better then the Anime, marginally...
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:49 am

Not actually read any manga - mainly an anime bod tbh - I'm more into reading fantasy.

I'll probably get around to angsty, arrogant emo ninja reapers in time - it's just that Naruto is so bloody long. I find it easier to watch 24 Ep. long anime. Better to keep an idea of what's going on.
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Post by Laughing Man Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:03 am

I'm a big Manga fan, there is manga for everyone, fantasy, scifi, whatever really.

Anime's tend to be either big plot driven pieces like the major ones, DBZ, Naruto and SHINIGAMI DEATH! *glomps* are all several hundreds of episodes long, and you can't just dip in randomly.

Stuff like Ghost in the shell, which you can watch in a single day, or even things like FLCL, when you can watch the whole lot in one sitting, it's all still plot driven. The motivation behind the Mash up's is to give people tastes of Anime they might not normally try or know of, or remind them of stuff they hadn't seen in a while, for example, I forgot all about Last Exile, but now I know it's name and stuff, I can go seek it out on my own. Also, I have 14 Negima! books, but hadn't seen the Anime until a few weeks ago.

You'll probably not find SHINIGAMI DEATH! *glomps* or Naruto in these meetings, because it is simply too mainstream, what's the point of showing something that nearly everyone has already seen?
    Having said that, we might have a cliché night, where everything is just stupidly stereotypical or something, it's still early in the year, we gots time to do lots of things ^_^
    Sombre
    Sombre

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2008-11-16

Post by Sombre Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:06 am

Is your gun named Sasha :3
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:13 am

Yes, yes it is ^.^
    Sombre
    Sombre

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2008-11-16

Post by Sombre Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:51 am

Killer dude....I need to do an introduction thread. fsck it, Max Payne is on in 20 mins, I'll do it when I get home Very Happy
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Post by Laughing Man Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:27 pm

Aww, I need to watch that...
    The game rocked...
    I'll wait till you post before I say hi then Sombre
    datalol-jack
    datalol-jack

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by datalol-jack Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:40 am

A belated welcome to the forums, and the society to you, Sam. For the record, Steve does not game - doesn't have the hardware to, and everything he knows about video games is derived from Zero Punctuation reviews and several other, less reputable sources. Razz
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Post by Laughing Man Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:45 am

I do too game!
    Just very little up to date, and I dislike WoW in general...
    I prefer the older stuff.
    And console games...
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:48 am

I just downloaded the 21-day trial for EVE, I'm quite liking it at the moment Very Happy

I dislike WoW also, although I do like Guild Wars. I realise they are essentially the same thing, but GW is prettier imo.
    datalol-jack
    datalol-jack

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by datalol-jack Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:49 am

Chunk, my dearest, denial under a gaming rock is a terrible thing to taste. Very Happy If it was not for the PS3 owned by your landlord, I would have had to inject liquid interactive entertainment progress in your athropied virtual body.
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:48 pm

Since I didn't know where else to write this...

I feel slightly ashamed that I've missed the last 2 showings (I could possibly have kept Ergo Proxy in) and will miss the next 3 as I've joined a 5 week archery course and Thursday is the only day that they are doing it Sad
    This also means that I miss Lain Sad which I really want to see.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:40 am