MMU Anime Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MMU Anime Society

Manchester Metropolitan University's Anime, Manga and J-Pop Society

!!!ATTENTION!!! This board is now old and has been offically put out to stud.For current discussion, go to www.baka.omgforum.netThanks

4 posters

Previous showings at the GM building

Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Previous showings at the GM building Empty Previous showings at the GM building

Post by Laughing Man Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:28 am

So far we have seen Ghost in the shell, the stand alone complex, solid state society.
    Previous showings at the GM building 200px-Ghost_In_The_Shell_SAC_Solid_State_Society_DVD
    With an impressive three sets of titles, this film is loosely based on an old anime, which is loosely based on an old film, which is loosely based on an old manga.

Needless to say it was amazing (lest we wouldn't have shown it) but feel free to give your opinions on it here, reviews are welcome Very Happy
    Samvich
    Samvich

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Previous showings at the GM building Empty Re: Previous showings at the GM building

Post by Samvich Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:37 am

I am sad that that I couldn't make it to that showing Sad Can't remember what I was doing instead.

I have GitS and GitS 2: Innocence, sitting on my shelf and I've not got around to watching those either.
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Previous showings at the GM building Empty Re: Previous showings at the GM building

Post by Laughing Man Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:40 am

FOR SHAME!
    Those films rock!
    I mean, err, you should watch them sometime, they are very pretty and even thought provoking...
    Any ideas what we should watch next? Maybe something by Ghibli? (Something obscure that not everyone has already seen several times)
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:45 am

Yes I have something in mind. One I saw at Manchester Anime a few weeks ago. I'd forgotten the name but Googled just now to find out: it's called Origin: Spirits or the Past.

I really liked it. Decent story and lovely characters.
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Post by Laughing Man Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:04 am

Ahh, cool, thank you.
    EvaPilot-01
    EvaPilot-01

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Post by EvaPilot-01 Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:52 pm

Well I could always give you that DVD I won considering its a Ghibli movie...
    Its not spirited away or howls moving castle like everyones seen, but I dont know what princess mononoke was like here... I have no idea if people have seen it already or not.
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:00 pm

I wouldn't mind giving Princess Mononoke a shot. I really didn't take to Howl's Moving Castle though. So if we're going to end up showing that then I may opt out on that occasion.
    EvaPilot-01
    EvaPilot-01

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Post by EvaPilot-01 Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:14 pm

Well ill just bring it in for you to borrow next thursday... although I should say that the DVD is quite freakish... in that it doesnt work in my laptop, my playstation or the DVD player I snatched from my Aunt.

In fact it completely fsks up my playstation if I put it in... the power button stops working and the fans go crazy and the disc spins at some awesome speed. But I just get a blank picture :/

It did however work in the living room DVD player though... Its a region 2 disc so I really cant work it out. Theres obviously nothing wrong with it though because it works.

...id honestly prefer to watch a few anime episodes rather than watch princess mononoke again though.
    datalol-jack
    datalol-jack

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by datalol-jack Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:01 am

Strange that. I will see if we can replace it at some point, although I believe the receipt is more than a week old. Still undecided on the next film/quiz combination, but I am thinking something twisted.
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:12 pm

I think that tonight's film was quite good. I have no idea what it was though since I turned up late. And I was also so tired from pulling an all-nighter to get my coursework handed in today that I must admit to falling asleep during the showing; some of the people behind me may have noticed my head suddenly jerking when I woke up.
    datalol-jack
    datalol-jack

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by datalol-jack Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:53 am

It happens! A bunch of us were talking about a break in the middle of a meeting to let people wake up, refresh, and maybe talk - omg, the radical concept, haha! You can easily track down the film now I believe. I have you some details on Facebook, and Steve blabbered a lot in the last newsletter about what was on, so you can also refer to that peice of information. It is out on DVD and fansub has been up since '06.
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:56 am

I think such a radical concept would be good. We might actually get more people turning up. You never know. But thanks for the info, and I'd forgotten Steve had sent that email. Next film should be Origin, I reckon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:33 pm