MMU Anime Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MMU Anime Society

Manchester Metropolitan University's Anime, Manga and J-Pop Society

!!!ATTENTION!!! This board is now old and has been offically put out to stud.For current discussion, go to www.baka.omgforum.netThanks

3 posters

In regards to our Freshers Fair?

Sombre
    Sombre

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2008-11-16

In regards to our Freshers Fair? Empty In regards to our Freshers Fair?

Post by Sombre Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:30 am

After talking with Alex about this, I was wondering what we're going to do about it? I'd love to help of course, just wondering what we're going to do this year?

Also, Haruhi Season 2. TAP TAP TAP SNAP SNAP SNAP
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

In regards to our Freshers Fair? Empty Re: In regards to our Freshers Fair?

Post by Laughing Man Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:10 pm

I'm not entirely sure about this, considering the mess with changing the society and such, but I've been planning, oooh yes my dear staff, all is not unorganised.

Chances are I'll gather everyone a week or so before we set up for a dry run and some more BRAIN STORMING
    Suggestions are always welcome, so far it's looking like posters, t-shirts, and plenty of cliche's in order to attract attention, but enough culture to keep it.
    Sombre
    Sombre

Post by Sombre Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Right on, count me in. I'll drag people kicking and screaming to join the society.

What's the proposed changes thus far?
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by Laughing Man Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:14 am

Well, to start with, we'll branch out more, doing more then just sitting around watching anime all day.
    We'll have theme days, go to expo's and have a subsiderised food and snacks system in place during the meetings.
    So far people have been hungry or bringing in food, or missing the meeting all together simply for the needs of the body, we can easily fix this ^_^

The name of the society will also change to reflect the difference.
    We will thus forewards be known as BAKA!
    (Beyond Anime Knowledge Association)
    In a sneaky marketing ploy, we will avoid calling ourselves a society, and simply use the acrynom on posters in various buildings, placing them beside Trauma Film's posters, which seems immune from the wrathe of cleaning staff.

We'll be more formal about things and push for more amenities, it's not difficult to see us as one of the biggest more influencial societies next year, so long as we put in the effort Very Happy

All will be well
    First, GM Lecture Theatre one,
    next, the world!

*manical laughter*
    Sombre
    Sombre

Post by Sombre Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:48 am

I like it, I like it. Especially conventioning, that's always a win!

Count me in on freshers day sir. Actually, when IS that?
    datalol-jack
    datalol-jack

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by datalol-jack Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Sounds fine. Make sure you sort out a decent host, a proper web-site and information to put on it, in advance of the fair. At the moment, it is a fairly big hole in the marketing plan of the society. If you cannot find a person to do it for you, let me know, and I will try to help to create the site at least.

For a web image gallery, you can use the pictures on our Facebook group, whatever Ed managed to snap of us this year, the photo set Ken took during the London Expo, and whatever you can find of yourself; but make sure images promote the features of the society you are thinking about and want others to notice. In the worst case scenario, take a lot of photos during the fair with a good camera and upload those.
    Sombre
    Sombre

Post by Sombre Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:47 pm

datalol-jack wrote:Sounds fine. Make sure you sort out a decent host, a proper web-site and information to put on it, in advance of the fair. At the moment, it is a fairly big hole in the marketing plan of the society. If you cannot find a person to do it for you, let me know, and I will try to help to create the site at least.

For a web image gallery, you can use the pictures on our Facebook group, whatever Ed managed to snap of us this year, the photo set Ken took during the London Expo, and whatever you can find of yourself; but make sure images promote the features of the society you are thinking about and want others to notice. In the worst case scenario, take a lot of photos during the fair with a good camera and upload those.

I am in support of fair photos. Also Mum-ra

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:19 pm