MMU Anime Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MMU Anime Society

Manchester Metropolitan University's Anime, Manga and J-Pop Society

!!!ATTENTION!!! This board is now old and has been offically put out to stud.For current discussion, go to www.baka.omgforum.netThanks

3 posters

Forum links in emails. **Sorted :D**

EvaPilot-01
    EvaPilot-01

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Forum links in emails. **Sorted :D** Empty Forum links in emails. **Sorted :D**

Post by EvaPilot-01 Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:32 am

I dunno why, but the links to the forums in all of the emails I have, wont actually lead me here. I just end up with some error message... but from what I can see the address is correct. The mind boggles.

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://mmuanime.omgforums.net/

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for mmuanime.omgforums.net
    The dnsserver returned:

Name Error: The domain name does not exist.
    This means that:

The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
    Check if the address is correct.
    Your cache administrator is webmaster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:23:21 GMT by wwwcache4.mmu.ac.uk (squid/2.6.STABLE12)

And it does that with every email... Maybe you should link to a google search or something.

Last edited by EvaPilot-01 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    EvaPilot-01
    EvaPilot-01

Forum links in emails. **Sorted :D** Empty Re: Forum links in emails. **Sorted :D**

Post by EvaPilot-01 Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:34 am

Oh... I got it, IT AINT OMGFORUMS.NET

its omgforum.net... (no s fool) you need to fix it for the next few emails Smile maybe thats why there are so few users...
    Samvich
    Samvich

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Forum links in emails. **Sorted :D** Empty Re: Forum links in emails. **Sorted :D**

Post by Samvich Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:11 am

I'd noticed the same thing, though I hadn't actually noticed what was causing it. I just assumed it was right. Good spot.
    EvaPilot-01
    EvaPilot-01

Post by EvaPilot-01 Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:21 am

Number 19 was wrong too, so im sending an email :/
    Maybe we will see a burst in the number of users? I doubt it... but I may have saved us all
    flower Maybe the caramel dance is in order. (god no)
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by Laughing Man Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:41 pm

Yeah, sorry, ^_^ it's fixed now, the problem was it sent from uni, and I forget to change the template but its done now.. thanks for heads up ^_^
    EvaPilot-01
    EvaPilot-01

Post by EvaPilot-01 Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:21 am

20 is still brokeneded Smile You changed the text, but the link is still pointing in the wrong direction.

No
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by Laughing Man Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:10 am

Oh for gods sake!
    Stupid googlemail system, ever so helpfully auto-creating a hyperlink, then not updating them :/
    sorry about that, I'll go fix that too.
    maybe we'll have a working link by the end of the year...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:19 pm