MMU Anime Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MMU Anime Society

Manchester Metropolitan University's Anime, Manga and J-Pop Society

!!!ATTENTION!!! This board is now old and has been offically put out to stud.For current discussion, go to www.baka.omgforum.netThanks

3 posters

Suggestion or Mash - Ups?

philosophicalpurple

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Suggestion or Mash - Ups? Empty Suggestion or Mash - Ups?

Post by philosophicalpurple Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:50 am

I have been trying to decide where to post where this is, so I apologise if this is the wrong place.

I have two suggestions for half-way movies/series, otherwise known as shorts. If you have already heard of them then excuse me, if you haven't I recommend them to all my friends.

1) Memories; its actually 3 different stories, all varied and have absolutely no relation to the word Memories, except the first short, which I think is the best out of them. I found this out through a fan made music video. Good cover song, remixed very well, editing is superb and the timing excellent.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ChBFFoP-Ijc

2) DEAD LEAVES; thats right dead leaves in captials!! If you haven't seen this then please oh dear god watch it! I have lent it to people in the past and this is my third copy! To me it borders on a parody of all action-anime: giant robots? yup, explosions? yup, anti-heroes? yup, guns, swords, gadgets, a penis-drill!? yup, a guy with a tv on his head? yup. This thing goes like a rocket from start to finish, the dubbing isn't too shabby either. The only thing that might put people off is the animation, it is highly unusual but I like it.

Let me know what you think, and I'll throw the DVDs your way.

- P
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Suggestion or Mash - Ups? Empty Re: Suggestion or Mash - Ups?

Post by Laughing Man Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:17 am

Dead leaves is rather amazing, however it's more of a film then a series, that would be better suggested in the movies bit. However, the memories one if fine here, not that I'm pedantic enough to move stuff, it's all good.
    Thanks for the suggestion ^_^
    Any thoughts everyone?
    datalol-jack
    datalol-jack

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by datalol-jack Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:33 am

a penis-drill!?

This was actually a homage to a film, Tetsuo: The Iron Man, where said penis-drill first appeared in Japanese cinema. However, within the context of this anime society, it can also refer to our present vice-chairman, Timmy The Crotch. Very Happy
    philosophicalpurple

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Suggestion or Mash - Ups? Empty shall I kiss you first? or just stick it in?

Post by philosophicalpurple Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:39 am

Ahhh yes Tetsuo, reminds me of my youth. Not seen the second one (got bad recommendations for that)....also took me a long time to recognise the imagery and concept of rust used in that film!

Ahhhhh now i get the crotch posting....cheers for the clear up!

- P

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:21 pm