MMU Anime Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MMU Anime Society

Manchester Metropolitan University's Anime, Manga and J-Pop Society

!!!ATTENTION!!! This board is now old and has been offically put out to stud.For current discussion, go to www.baka.omgforum.netThanks

4 posters

Live Action Films

Samvich
    Samvich

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Live Action Films Empty Live Action Films

Post by Samvich Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:48 am

Don't suppose we have to stick to Anime films. And after seeing Sombre's avatar it reminded me of a long-time, partially confusing film called Casshern. I love it. A nice story and pretty imagery.

I have a number of other Japanese/Chinese films that I think would go down well. Obviously your opinions and suggestions on this matter is greatly appreciated.
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Live Action Films Empty Re: Live Action Films

Post by Laughing Man Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:24 pm

There are many awesome live action films we could watch, I don't think it would need to be strictly anime. I for one simply LOVE Survival style five, dear lord Vinny Jones can act Very Happy

Casshern was indeed an excellent film as well, when we set the next film date, we will likely create a poll as to what to show.
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:25 pm

Yay. I like polls. Strange thing to like I know, but we just did one for Rock Society as we're having a film night this week. We all posted films we'd like to see and/or voted for ones posted by other people. The thread was then locked and the films with most votes put through to final vote. Battle Royale came out as winner with 15 votes ^.^
    Laughing Man
    Laughing Man
    Admin

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by Laughing Man Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:29 pm

Battle Royal is a classic, but dear me it was cut short.
    There are 15 Manga's for that one film, that's like having everything from the start of dragon ball z, with Raditz, all the way to the Cell games, in one film, it's an amazing amount of editing.

We will post a poll on this forum when it's closer to the time.
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:33 pm

:O I actually can't wait now. I've not seen it before, but that sounds really cool.

I'll leave all the fancy polling stuff up to you ^_^
    datalol-jack
    datalol-jack

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by datalol-jack Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:07 am

As far as films go, live action is more than addmissible as a suggestion. Much is to be said for the Japanese rendition of Sailor Moon with real people in it, or the magnificent Survival Style 5. However, a broader foray in to Eastern cinema is more suitable for a dedicated film society, which I believe MMU does have.
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Any chance we could get our hands on the Death Note live action? I'm intrigued to see it. Unless people have seen it and say it's rubbish.

But I have a Thai film, and a couple of Chinese and Japanese to have a go at.
    philosophicalpurple

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Live Action Films Empty ...on that particular note.

Post by philosophicalpurple Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:05 am

I do have the Live Action Death Note, although only the first and not the second film.

I am not going to post my opinion on it; will let the people decide if its good or not.

- P
    datalol-jack
    datalol-jack

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by datalol-jack Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:12 am

We could try and get a hold of it, yes. And I did note the suggestion from the first official questionnaire, believe it or not, DN Live Action was there. I'm not sure if we will screen it before the winter break, though.
    Samvich
    Samvich

Post by Samvich Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:58 pm

I can't imagine you will either - since winter break is only 2 weeks away at most. It'll be a nice opener to the new year though I reckon - unless it might set a bad example. I don't know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:13 am